- This event has passed.
DevOps Playground: Hands-on with Aqua
January 23 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
If you’re already hooked by the title, you can save your space here.
For more details, keep reading…
With new technology comes new security challenges. Containerisation has become a mainstream part of our DevOps lifestyles but how to best secure our containers and cloud native world is, at the best of times, not obvious.
This month we’ll join Aqua Security architect Steve Giguere as he takes us through a hands-on guide to container security with an entertaining why and how to use free and open source offerings to get started with security.
What we’ll cover on the night:
– Build a simple image
– Scan our image for critical vulnerabilities
– Check our Kubernetes cluster for any security weaknesses
– Deploy our new image into our cluster
– Use eBPF to create run time tracing for our running container
A few things to keep in mind:
– Prior experience with CLI tools (kubectl and docker) and VIM would be -helpful but not required
– As this is a hands-on session, please remember to bring your laptop
– Food and drinks will be provided
– Doors open for networking/refreshments 18:30
– Playground starts at 19:00
We also have a new Code of Conduct, which can be found here:
If you’d like to learn a little more about Steve Giguere, you can find his profile below:
Steve is a DevSecOps Architect and Evangelist at Aqua. Originally from Canada, Steve made the UK his home in 1999. He started his career, in 1987, writing in C. He then moved on to Java, Python and now Go. Prior to joining Aqua Security, Steve spent time in the aerospace, telecom, and automotive industry, but has spent the last 5 years using his breadth of experience fostering the DevSecOps movement.