- This event has passed.
WATCH AGAIN – Hands-on Container Orchestration using Docker Swarm and Kubernetes
April 30, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
*** ONLINE – LINK ***
*** https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl41rad13g8 ***
** Support Slack Channel **
The Speaker: Patryk Pilecki
Join us on the 30th April for a virtual hands-on session with container orchestration using Docker Swarm and Kubernetes.
– As this is a hands-on session, please remember to have your laptop ready.
Containers are everywhere now and while we are running more and more of them, we need to correctly manage them to take full advantage of what they can offer.
During this meet up, we will introduce the two most common orchestrating tools (Kubernetes and Docker Swarm).
What exactly have we planned for you?
– You will create an image with a web application from scratch.
– You will set up a Docker Swarm cluster and deploy it there.
– You will scale the application, and explore the basics of the cluster
– Finally, you will set up the Kubernetes cluster and you will deploy your
Sounds scary? Don’t worry – no previous experience is required and our team will assist you on the way!
A few things to keep in mind:
– Prior experience with CLI tools and VIM will be helpful.
– Playground starts at 18:00
For the first time ever, our meetup will happen in the best location you can imagine, from the comfort of your couch. Yes, this means April’s Playground will be hosted remotely. Further details about the platform will be announced closer to the date, with a link to make sure you can access everything on the day.
Unfortunately, we can’t deliver pizzas to you all but for the real pizza and Panda lovers, we will have a surprise on the night! Keep your eyes peeled. We can’t wait to welcome you on the night.